Home Learning Activities – Summer 1
To view the home learning choice activities for the Summer Term, please click the link below. Remember to send you learning to your teacher via the eSchools messages, or bring your learning in to school to share with your class on the stop-off dates, which are:
Summer 1 - Remote Home Learning - Year 2
Daily Lessons for Absent Pupils
If you are absent from school, please follow the link below to complete your daily English lessons.
Always begin the daily lessons from ‘Monday’, no matter which day your first day of absence falls on. This will ensure the lessons are taught in sequence and you understand what is being taught.
Please use the following link for maths lessons and work your way through the unit we are covering at school.
Practice your Phonics on https://www.phonicsplay.co.uk
Our school login details are:
- Log on to Purple Mash and complete the 2Dos set.
Additional Lessons to Support Year 2 Learning:
- How do I plant a bean? https://classroom.thenational.academy/lessons/how-do-i-plant-a-bean-cgwp6e
- What types of plant grow in the wild? https://classroom.thenational.academy/lessons/what-types-of-plants-grow-in-the-wild-70w3jt
- What is the difference between deciduous and evergreen trees? https://classroom.thenational.academy/lessons/what-is-the-difference-between-deciduous-and-evergreen-trees-c5j6ar
- What are the parts of trees and plants called? https://classroom.thenational.academy/lessons/what-are-the-parts-of-trees-and-plants-called-c9h6cr
- What changes occur to a tomato plant? https://classroom.thenational.academy/lessons/what-changes-occur-to-a-tomato-plant-6cv6cr
- What changes have occurred to my bean plant? https://classroom.thenational.academy/lessons/what-changes-have-occurred-to-my-bean-plant-60uk4t
- What is an ocean? https://classroom.thenational.academy/lessons/what-is-an-ocean-crrp6e
- Where are the world’s oceans? https://classroom.thenational.academy/lessons/where-are-the-worlds-oceans-chk3jc
- Log onto Purple Mash and find the 2Do ‘Remote Learning: World’s Oceans Quiz’
- Log on to Purple Mash and complete the 2Do: Design your own pirate flag.
- Explore a range of sliders and levers https://classroom.thenational.academy/lessons/to-explore-a-range-of-sliders-and-levers-69jkgc
- Evaluate products with moving part https://classroom.thenational.academy/lessons/to-explore-and-evaluate-products-with-moving-parts-70tkjc
- Who was Christopher Columbus? https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/topics/zhpchbk/articles/znchkmn
- A private life is a happy life https://classroom.thenational.academy/lessons/a-private-life-is-a-happy-life-6mtp2d
It’s time to get creative in your afternoon theme of ‘Muck, Mess and Mixtures’! We will be joining Roald Dahl’s George by mixing our own marvellous creations. By mixing colours and applying materials we will create our own unique masterpieces and have some fun getting messy in the process. Thinking about mess we have lots of scientific investigations to perform and we will create our own healthy recipes to form part of a balanced diet.