The schools Delegated SEN Funding ensures provision to provide appropriate support for pupils with Special Educational Needs. We aim to support pupils through early intervention.
Funding is used to facilitate:
- Quality First teaching
- Whole school inclusive practice
- Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator (SENDCo) role and the wider Inclusion team
- Parent Liaison
- Liaison with external agencies including, additional Educational Psychology and Speech Therapy provision.
- To buy in additional expertise e.g. Specialist Teaching Service (STS)
- Provide resources to support differentiation including technology (ICT)
- Time to support staff in developing Individual Education Plans (IEP’s)
- Staff training
Sometimes an application is made for ‘Top-Up funding’ from the Local Authority for individual children with higher needs through an Education and Health Care Plan (EHCP).